Saturday 21 September 2013

Let there be Life!


I guess for CMFC collectors who have gone on the create, commission and buy customs, the collection is a living thing, a living which doesn't want to die.  It doesn't want to say "This is enough, I'll stop now."  It's living because it's adaptive.  Adding customs to a collection allows it to tailor itself to the tastes of it's owner. It's a living thing because it will continue growing long into the future, feeding off of it's source material, the ever changing, ever evolving MU.
     It's the strength of the comics medium that it can create vast canvasses of narrative, which stretches across decades.  There is no limit to the type and style of stories can be told in comic books, and in the MU in particular.  It's fitting that the figurine collection which bases itself on them, should be equally broad, diverse and continual, long after it's original remit has been completed.
     Excelsior!

Death


I thought Death was an important character and one whom deserved to be added to the collection.  I'm surprised the Official collection never touched on the Pantheon at all in its run, A Death/Eternity double pack would have made a fine end to the Special releases.  This figurine did not come out perfectly...the head is slightly too big (Which I excuse because she's a conceptual) and she isn't quite as slinky and curvy as she is often depicted.  Still, she looks the part and looks at home next to my Thanos.

Doop


Everyone loves Doop, right?  He's not the most technically challenging figurine to create, but he does pack a lot of expression and looks nice and distinct. I've created a couple of variants with different logos, which look pretty neat.

Rogue

My first redo of an existing character and my first attempt to fully create a human sculpt from scratch.  Basically, the existing Rogue in the CMFC does nothing for me at all.  Rogue is definitely up there as one of my favorite Marvel characters, love that Southern sass and go to attitude of hers.  She is also one of the best looking X-ladies...she has (like many X-Men) had a few different looks over the years; about 5 or 6 notable ones.  Any of them would have been better than the one that they chose.  I don't think I did bad job on my version, but there is room for improvement...and with such a cool wardrobe, room for another redo somewhere down the line.

Selene


If you're going to have Hellfire Club figurines, you've got to have this lady.  I like how she came out and she looks the part next to Frost and Shaw.  I hope to do more Hellfire members in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment