Thursday 26 September 2013

A little bit Wild

So I finished a new custom today, yay!
Always an interesting time when you stroke the last bit of paint on and really get to see what the final piece looks like.
     Bit of background;  I never set out to make a Two Gun Kid, this guy actually started out as an armature for a Star-Lord figurine I wanted to do (and will do in the future along with a hundred others).  Thing was, when I started adding the detail I began to see Two Gun Kid in front of me.  I like to work in a very loose style and not be focused down one track, so I went with it, and this is what I ended up with.


    I never thought he would be of huge interest to collectors, not ranking high on many want lists.  However, he is quirky, colourful and has a long and storied history, originally appearing in comics before Marvel came to be (like Captain America and Sub-Mariner), then later being integrated into MU continuity.  Given that, I think he would have been an inclusion in the official collection sooner rather than later, had it continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment